Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily, you trusted source of EV information. It’s Saturday 23rd April, it’s Martyn Lee here and I go through every EV story so you don’t have to.
AUDI UPDATES U.S. EVS FOR 2023
– Audi of America today announced updates to its lineup for the 2023 model year, including pricing, vehicle packaging updates, and new standard and available equipment.
– Additionally, by the end of 2022, Audi plans to have more fully electric models on sale in the United States than any other luxury brand. The Audi e-tron, e-tron S, e-tron Sportback, e-tron S Sportback, Audi e-tron GT, and RS e-tron GT, will be joined by the Audi Q4 e-tron, and Q4 Sportback e-tron.
– . Standard on the e-tron Sportback Prestige trim are 22-inch 5-spoke-Turbine design bi-color wheels, dynamic orange front and rear brake calipers, rear side airbags with illuminated safety belt buckles, and Digital Matrix-design headlights.
– Following the introduction of Audi’s first electric grand tourer, the e-tron GT sees changes in exterior appearance as well as changes to packages and standard features. The Hekla gray grille which adorned the front fascia of the model year 2022 e-tron GT is now replaced by a body-color grille. Additionally, as standard equipment, a second charging port has been added on the passenger side of the e-tron GT
– The RS e-tron GT also adds a newly available Ceramic brake package with Anthracite calipers bundled with 21-inch 5-double-spoke concave module design wheels.
Original Source : https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/518
HYUNDAI AND WE DRIVE SOLAR DEPLOY IONIQ 5S WITH V2G TECH IN THE NETHERLANDS
– Hyundai Motor Group and We Drive Solar have teamed up to help create a completely bi-directional region in the Dutch development district of Cartesius in Utrecht of the Netherlands. To begin, We Drive Solar has equipped 25 Hyundai IONIQ 5 BEVs with vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology to send power back to homes and businesses in the region during peak energy hours.
– By implementing a holistic system of solar panels, charging stations, and shared vehicles with V2G capabilities like the modified IONIQ 5s, the companies seek to power 2,530 homes in Utrecht to create the “world’s first bi-directional city.”
– When vehicles do need to be used, residents of Utrecht will be able to drive a shared car through We Drive Solar, offering EVs like the IONIQ 5s equipped with V2G tech. The initial rollout is 25 BEVs, but Hyundai has already shared intentions to implement 150 over the course of 2022.
– In the Utrecht region, renewables like solar and wind power are the main sources of energy. That energy can then be stored in the battery packs of the IONIQ 5s to drive around as shared vehicles, but also use V2G capabilities to send that stored energy back to the city during peak hours.
TESLA FSD BETA 10.12 WILL RECEIVE MORE DETAILED VEHICLE MODELS
– The next iteration of Tesla’s Full Self-Driving software, expected to be numbered 10.12, is supposedly making some improvements to the visualizations shown on the vehicle screen.
– Most notably, it will now display a new render for sedan-type vehicles that will show wheels and highlight open doors in yellow.
– Tesla has been gradually increasing the number of visualizations available on the car display, demonstrating what the car can perceive and respond to in its surroundings. In the beginning Tesla mainly displayed road markers and a few vehicles, and over time started to gradually add more types of vehicles, pedestrians, and traffic cones, speed bumps, even dogs.
– The 3D model Tesla uses to represent our vehicle on the display is much more detailed than other vehicle models. Tesla can make other vehicle models just as detailed, however they’re purposely vague to represent any vehicle.
SAEMES TO INSTALL OVER 1,000 CHARGE POINTS IN PARIS CAR PARKS
– In Paris, a number of car parks are being equipped with 1,100 AC charging points for electric vehicles. The car park operator Saemes has chosen TotalEnergies and the telecommunications provider Sogetrel as partners for this project. Some charge points are already in operation.
– The largest completed project is the Madeleine-Tronchet car park in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, which now offers 505 charging points with outputs ranging from 7 kW to 22 kW. These are Type 2 wall boxes without a permanently attached cable
– The charging points are accessible via the TotalEnergies fleet card or other charging cards – ad-hoc charging is also possible via QR code and mobile website. Starting a charging process costs 0.50 euros, after which 0.40 euros (including VAT) is charged for each charged kilowatt-hour.
ANALYSIS: PRICES ON USED HYBRIDS AND EVS ARE UP MORE THAN A THIRD VS. A YEAR AGO
– With increased gas prices driving demand for fuel-efficient vehicles, the average prices for used hybrids and electric cars rose significantly in March compared to the same month last year, according to new analysis from iSeeCars.
– Average hybrid prices increased 40.5%, while average EV prices increased 35.1%, according to the analysis. Note that iSeeCars uses vehicle list prices rather than actual transaction prices for its analysis.
– The Nissan Leaf saw the greatest price increase among all-electric models. The average price in March 2022 was $25,123, which represented a 49.2% increase over the $8,288 average price for March 2021.
– Other used EVs that saw average price increases were the Tesla Model S (42.8%), Chevrolet Bolt EV (37.4%), Tesla Model X (35.1%), and Tesla Model 3 (22.2%). The number of Teslas isn’t surprising, as used-Tesla prices have been soaring for some time.
ELECTRIC VEHICLES: MORE PEOPLE ARE INCLINED TO BUY AN EV AS GAS PRICES SOAR
– Cargurus.com Director of Consumer Insights Madison Edwards sits down with Yahoo Finance Live to talk about the best states to drive an EV in, consumers’ inclinations to buy an EV, gas price incentives, the EV market, and U.K. laws to allow TV viewing in self-driving cars.
– MADISON EDWARDS: Well, we’ve been tracking people’s sentiments around electric vehicles for several years. And we’ve seen quite an increase since 2018 through 2021 in people’s excitement about EVs and their expected adoption in the next 10 year s.
– So then as gas prices were increasing in March and moderating a bit from their highs in March to April, we saw that people’s expectation to own in the next 10 years started increasing once again
– I think consumers know that EVs are the future. However, they are not sure that they’re worth the high costs today.
– I will say that we see much higher consumer interest in new EVs versus used. But the used vehicles are out there too. On our site, we’ve seen increased interest in both new and used but especially for new. So I think that’s an alternative for some consumers who are really ready to move to EVs but don’t want to wait to order one.
– Tesla’s always top of mind when it comes to electric vehicles. And in every study that we’ve done when we ask what brands people would be most likely to consider, Tesla is at the top of the list. But Tesla’s lead has been shrinking.So today, when we look at brands, we actually see that Toyota gets a lot of credit for having been an early innovator in the hybrid space. People are very likely to consider Toyota for a hybrid but also for an electric vehicle.
TESLA CAN NOW INSURE YOUR EV IN COLORADO, OREGON AND VIRGINIA
– Tesla’s in-house insurance is now available in three more states. As Forbes notes, Tesla revealed during its latest earnings call that its “real-time” insurance has reached Colorado, Oregon and Virginia. The automaker has also filed paperwork in Nevada with plans to offer insurance as early as June, although nothing has been announced so far.
– , the insurance determines your premiums based on driving behavior rather than standard criteria like age and credit.
– Tesla offers insurance in California, but it’s still seeking permission to use real-time info. It could be a while before the insurance and its signature feature are consistently available
TESLA’S CHINA WORKERS ARE BACK ON THE JOB BUT SLEEPING IN THE FACTORY
– Tesla began preparing for reopening on April 15. By April 19, it had recalled about 8,000 workers, about half of its workforce before the lockdown, according to local media. Returning employees will be working 12 hours per day, six days a week under stringent working condition never seen in other Tesla factories before.
– “Pretty sure workers like this temporary treatment better than being confined in their own apartments without pay, extra stipend, free meals and possibly facing food shortage,” @Ray4Tesla tweeted to his 56,000 followers on April 18.
– Tesla will provide returning workers with sleeping bags, mattresses and three meals a day. Workers will be sleeping on the factory floor in a designated area, with showering and entertainment spaces coming soon. To encourage more workers to return, Tesla will also offer a daily stipend of about 400 yuan (about $63), per Bloomberg,
– The average monthly salary of a production worker at Giga Shanghai is about 9,000 yuan ($1,400)
– Tesla is one of more than 600 businesses the Chinese government deems important enough to reopen first. Also on the list are General Motors’ local joint venture, SAIC
QUESTION OF THE WEEK WITH EMOBILITYNORWAY.COM
What cables should or shouldn’t come with a new or used EV?
Email me any feedback to: email@example.com
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, I’ll catch you tomorrow and remember…there’s no such thing as a self-charging hybrid.
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE
PORSCHE OF THE VILLAGE CINCINNATI
AUDI CINCINNATI EAST
VOLVO CARS CINCINNATI EAST
NATIONAL CAR CHARGING ON THE US MAINLAND AND ALOHA CHARGE IN HAWAII
DEREK REILLY FROM THE EV REVIEW IRELAND YOUTUBE CHANNEL
RICHARD AT RSEV.CO.UK – FOR BUYING AND SELLING EVS IN THE UK
OCTOPUS ELECTRIC JUICE – MAKING PUBLIC CHARGING SIMPLE WITH ONE CARD, ONE MAP AND ONE APP
DAVID AND LISA ALLEN
BOB BOOTHBY FROM MILLBROOK COTTAGES – 5* GOLD SELF CATERING COTTAGES
JUKKA KUKKONEN FROM WWW.SHIFT2ELECTRIC.COM
BATTERY REPORTS FOR EVS AT RECURRENTAUTO.COM
ALEXANDER FRANK @ https://www.youtube.com/c/alexsuniverse42
ANDY NANCARROW AND LILIAN KASS
COLIN HENNESSY AND CAMBSEV
DON MCALLISTER / SCREENCASTSONLINE.COM
IAN (WATTIE) WATKINS
JAVIER CARMELO DÍAZ PÉREZ
JOHN VAN DEVOORT
JON AKA BEARDY MCBEARDFACE FROM KENT EVS
LAURENCE D ALLEN
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS
PETER & DEE ROBERTS
REALTORS CHOICE PHOTOGRAPHY
ROB FROM THE RSTHINKS EV CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
THE PLUGSEEKER’S EV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
THOMAS J. THIAS
VOTE JOSH OUT