On today’s podcast:
- Tesla developing platform to share driving data with car owners
- Tesla raises Model 3 and Model Y prices…again
- Renault Megane E-Tech Electric teased inside and out
- Bentley’s First EV To Be Based On VW’s Artemis Platform
- Most EV owners sure like their mobile apps. Tesla drivers, not so much
- Electrify America Lays Out California’s $200 Million Investment
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily for Friday 7th May. It’s Martyn Lee here and I go through every EV story so you don’t have to.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
TESLA DEVELOPING PLATFORM TO SHARE DRIVING DATA WITH CAR OWNERS: REPORT – GLOBAL TIMES
– Tesla is developing a platform that would provide access for its users to view driving data, which would make Tesla the first company to share such data with users, according to a report by Beijing Daily. The platform is expected to be put into operation within the year, the report said.
– According to the regulator’s requirements, NEV makers in China must establish a safety status monitoring platform for their cars. And market regulators, law enforcers and enterprises have the right to use the data while consumers have the right to be informed about the data, the Beijing Daily report said.
– Tesla’s driving data is stored in event data recorders (EDR) on each car, and the data cannot be changed or modified.A Weibo user said that sharing the data is the first step in better protecting car owners’ interests, and the country should have legislation for EDR management.
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/rCWVG/
- Original Source : https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1222846.shtml
TESLA RAISES MODEL 3 AND MODEL Y PRICES ANEW AFTER SELLING OUT Q2 PRODUCTION CAPACITY
– the electric car maker implemented a new round of price increases for the Model 3 and Model Y
– The latest round of price adjustments adds $500 to the cost of the Model 3 Standard Range Plus, Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor AWD, and Model Y Long Range Dual Motor AWD.
– The Model Y Long Range Dual Motor AWD now starts at $51,490. The Model Y Performance, on the other hand, kept its starting price of $60,990.
– In April alone, the company implemented two price increases of $500 each.
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/BOjBl/
- Original Source : https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-model-y-price-q2-2021-update/
RENAULT MEGANE E-TECH ELECTRIC TEASED INSIDE AND OUT | CAR MAGAZINE
– The all-electric Megane E-Tech, which was revealed in concept as the Megane eVision last year, is expected to be fully revealed later this year, with a launch likely to occur in the first half of 2022.
– The Renault Megane E-Tech Electric contains a 60kWh battery pack under the floor and a single 160kW e-motor with 221lb ft of torque driving the front wheels.
Its claimed driving range is around 280 miles on a single charge (WLTP).
It’s also said to sprint from 0-62mph in less than eight seconds. Not exactly the hot speeds we’ve come to hear about with EVs, but a Renault Sport version could be on the roadmap.
– the electric Megane will be able to reclaim 124 miles of range in 30 minutes when rapid charging at its maximum of 130kW DC.
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/0k8Da/
- Original Source : https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/renault/megane-e-tech-electric/
BENTLEY’S FIRST EV TO BE BASED ON VW’S ARTEMIS PLATFORM
– CAR Magazine says Bentley’s first production electric vehicle will be based on Volkswagen Group’s Artemis architecture, which is spearheaded by Audi engineers.
– Contrary to previous reports, stating that the brand’s first EV could be a high-riding sedan, Hallmark all but confirmed Bentley will develop an SUV, because “if you’re not in SUVs, you’re nowhere.” When will we see it? Most likely, in 2025.
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/41ntI/
- Original Source : https://www.motor1.com/news/505168/bentley-first-ev-vw-platform/
MOST EV OWNERS SURE LIKE THEIR MOBILE APPS. TESLA DRIVERS, NOT SO MUCH | ZDNET
– According to J.D. Power’s new U.S. OEM EV App Benchmark Study, electric vehicle owners are far more interested in the apps that correspond with their vehicle compared to those with gas-needy cars.More than 40% of electric vehicle owners told J.D. Power that they use the apps as often as every other trip,
– Kia Access, FordPass, Porsche Connect, myChevrolet and MyHyundai topped the list of the most popular electric vehicle apps
– Tesla’s mobile app was ranked sixth in the study because it “has not changed significantly for many years.” The study notes that the other apps ahead of Tesla offer “greater functionality,”
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/pkhGa/
- Original Source : https://www.zdnet.com/article/most-ev-owners-sure-like-their-mobile-apps-tesla-drivers-not-so-much/
ELECTRIFY AMERICA LAYS OUT CALIFORNIA’S $200 MILLION INVESTMENT
– Electrify America has released its plans for Cycle 3 of its zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure and education program in California, mandated by the Volkswagen dieselgate settlement.
– The $2 billion investment is also broken up into two separate programs. One for California, which receives $800 million of the settlement ($200 million for each 30-month cycle), and the other is for the rest of the US and receives the $1.2 billion balance ($300 million per cycle).
– Electrify America will focus the $200 million across three main categories: Infrastructure; Public Education, Awareness, Access & Marketing; and Green Cities. Additionally, Electrify America’s goal is to ensure that 35 percent of the investment is in low-income and disadvantaged communities, as guided by California Air Resources Board (CARB).
– the company will work with Long Beach and Los Angeles city officials and fleet operators to implement projects focused on charging transit and heavy-duty electric vehicles, showcasing ultra-fast charging technology, energy storage and renewables and energy management for these two emerging use cases.
- Highlighted Source : https://share.getliner.com/OOxGI/
- Original Source : https://insideevs.com/news/505806/electrify-america-california-cycle-three-plan/
QUESTION OF THE WEEK WITH EMOBILITYNORWAY.COM
EVs are connected cars. But, how much data are you willing to give up, and what are willing to receive in return?
Email me your thoughts and I’ll read them out on Sunday – firstname.lastname@example.org
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, I’ll catch you tomorrow and remember…there’s no such thing as a self-charging hybrid.
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE (PREMIUM PARTNER)
BRAD CROSBY (PREMIUM PARTNER)
PORSCHE OF THE VILLAGE CINCINNATI (PREMIUM PARTNER)
AUDI CINCINNATI EAST (PREMIUM PARTNER)
VOLVO CARS CINCINNATI EAST (PREMIUM PARTNER)
DEREK REILLY FROM THE EV REVIEW IRELAND YOUTUBE CHANNEL (PREMIUM PARTNER)
RICHARD AT RSEV.CO.UK – FOR BUYING AND SELLING EVS IN THE UK (PREMIUM PARTNER)
eMOBILITY NORWAY HTTPS://WWW.EMOBILITYNORWAY.COM/ (PREMIUM PARTNER)
DAVID AND LISA ALLEN (PARTNER)
GARETH HAMER (PARTNER)
BOB BOOTHBY FROM MILLBROOK COTTAGES – 5* GOLD SELF CATERING COTTAGES (PARTNER)
DARIN MCLESKEY FROM DENOVO REAL ESTATE (PARTNER)
JUKKA KUKONEN FROM WWW.SHIFT2ELECTRIC.COM
RAJEEV NARAYAN (PARTNER)
IAIN SEAR (PARTNER)
ADRIAN BOND (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ALAN SHEDD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ALEX BANAHENE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ALEXANDER FRANK @ https://www.youtube.com/c/alexsuniverse42
ANDERS HOVE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ANDREA JEFFERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ANDREW GREEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ANDY NANCARROW AND LILIAN KASS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ASEER KHALID (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BÅRD FJUKSTAD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BLUNDERBUSS JONES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
BRIAN THOMPSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRUCE BOHANNAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHARLES HALL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS HOPKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRISTOPHER BARTH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
COLIN HENNESSY AND CAMBSEV (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CRAIG ROGERS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAMIEN DAVIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID FINCH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID MOORE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PARTINGTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PRESCOTT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DC EV (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DON MCALLISTER / SCREENCASTSONLINE.COM (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ED CORTREEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ERIC HANSEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ERU KYEYUNE-NYOMBI (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
FREDRIK ROVIK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
GENE RUBIN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
HEDLEY WRIGHT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
HEINRICH LIESNER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
IAN GRIFFITHS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
IAN (WATTIE) WATKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JACK OAKLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JAMES STORR (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JAVIER CARMELO DÍAZ PÉREZ (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JIM MORRIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN SCHROEDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON AKA BEARDY MCBEARDFACE FROM KENT EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON MANCHAK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JUAN GONZALEZ (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEVIN MEYERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LAURENCE D ALLEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LEE BROWN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LUKE CULLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL WARD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARTY YOUNG (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MIA OPPELSTRUP (PARTNER)
MIKE WINTER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NATHAN GORE-BROWN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NATHANIEL FREEDMAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
OHAD ASTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL STEPHENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PETE GLASS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PETE GORTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PETER & DEE ROBERTS FROM OXON EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHIL MOUCHET (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHILIP TRAUTMAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAYMOND ROWLEDGE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENE KEEMIK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENÉ SCHNEIDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROB FROM THE RSTHINKS EV CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROBERT GRACE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RUPERT MITCHELL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SEIKI PAYNE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
STEPHEN PENN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
STEVE JOHN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THOMAS J. THIAS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
TODD OAKES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THE PLUGSEEKER – EV YOUTUBE CHANNEL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYEV.com for more details: https://www.myev.com