Can You Help Me Fight The Fossils? Read More About Patreon here EVne.ws/patreon
Read today’s show notes on https://www.evnewsdaily.com
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily for Friday 8th March 2019. It’s Martyn Lee here and I’ve been through every EV story I could find today, and picked out the best ones to save you time.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
IN HORSEPOWER WAR, RIMAC C_TWO PROVES ELECTRIC CARS CAN’T BE MATCHED
- “The struggle to squeeze increasing amounts of horsepower into high-performance automobiles continues unabated, even in the face of stricter environmental regulations.” Says Domenick for InsideEVs.com: “Nowhere is that perhaps more noticeable than at the Geneva Motor Show. The top eighteen machines share an astounding 17,000 ponies between them — that’s an average of 900 horsepower per — and battery power reigns supreme with the top two both being fully electric. the Rimac C_Two. It silently boasts 1,914 hp and 1,696 pound-feet of torque. The car with the second-highest amount of horse force is the gorgeous Pininfarina Battista.”
- Check out the gallery of Hypercars, I’ll put a link in the show notes.
VOLVO TO RELEASE POLESTAR 3 ALL-ELECTRIC COUPE-STYLE SUV IN 2021
- “Volvo brand Polestar will introduce a new all-electric Polestar 3 SUV by the end of 2021, a company executive said.” Reports Phil for Electric: “Following the recent unveiling of its Polestar 2 all-electric sedan, the company’s Polestar 3 will be a “coupe-style SUV,” Digital Trends reports. Polestar COO Jonathan Goodman said the new model will be released “in the back end” of 2021. Goodman also said Polestar will continue to expand its models throughout the next decade, and the company looks to keep its simple naming convention. Therefore, following the Polestar 3 would be a Polestar 4, and so on.”
TESLA MODEL 3 LAUNCHES IN MEXICO
- Meanwhile Steven Loveday at InsideEVs has the lowdown on Tesla moving into another country: “We already knew Tesla was pushing its hugely popular Model 3 midsize sedan to overseas markets, but to see it hit Mexico is a welcome surprise. Reportedly, the automaker sent invitations out for an open house in the country, as well as information about the electric car’s official launch. Today, Tesla will host the unveiling at its Mexico city store. Once again, Tesla proves that it’s branching out globally into a myriad of locales. While many naysayers will continue to assert that demand is limited and U.S. deliveries are lackluster, we can see where the Silicon Valley automaker’s newfound focus lies.”
NISSAN EXPANDS BEST-SELLING LEAF EV OFFER IN EUROPE
- Nissan has announced a wave of new versions and upgrades to the Nissan LEAF electric vehicle range, making Europe’s top-selling 100% electric car more appealing than ever.
- Following the runaway success of the LEAF e+ 3.ZERO Limited Edition, Nissan has made its longer range version available as a permanent addition in the Tekna grade.
- The LEAF will also offer a series of connectivity and technology upgrades to enhance the user experience. Coupled with the all-new Nissan Connect Services app, the new model’s navigation system gains TomTom LIVE premium traffic and route optimisation, providing comprehensive navigation assistance including door-to-door navigation. The all new Nissan Connect smartphone app will also include several remote control functions for charging and battery status. The Nissan LEAF variants are available to order now, with deliveries expected in summer 2019.
TESLA’S ONLINE-ONLY SALES MODEL DEFENDED BY USED CAR DEALER CARVANA CEO
- Simon at Teslarati has a story today on Tesla online sales. “Tesla’s decision to adopt an online-only model to sell its electric cars was recently defended by Carvana CEO Ernie Garcia, who went on CNBC’s Squawk Alley to discuss the electric car maker’s new sales strategy. Garcia noted that while Tesla will face challenges resulting from the shift in its sales model, the company’s return policy will likely be a difference maker for some buyers.”
- Simon goes on to say: “Garcia’s views on Tesla is coming from a well-established position, as Carvana currently stands as one of the United States’ premier online used car dealers. Carvana sells, finances, and buys back used cars through its website, and its growth has been so impressive that the company ranked as 5th in Forbes’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2015. “
TESLA MODEL 3 REGISTRATIONS IN NORWAY SOAR TO 800 IN FEBRUARY
- Mark Kane for InsideEVs goes to Norway next: “In February, about 5,924 new passenger plug-in electric cars were registered in Norway, which is 33.2% more than a year ago, at a world-leading 53.3% market share! It was the best February ever. The month of February was the first for volume deliveries of the Tesla Model 3. The month closed with 791 new registrations, which is second only to the Volkswagen Golf (all versions), which probably means that Model 3 is ahead of the Volkswagen e-Golf.”
ERIK BUELL TRADES PETROL FOR PROTONS WITH NEW E-BIKE STARTUP
- FUELL’s “urban mobility” positioning led to the creation of several machines to cover all the needs and styles of those who choose two-wheeled electric mobility. FUELL’s offer is centered around two products:
- FLOW – an electric motorcycle available in 11kW (125cc equivalent) or 35kW (motorcycle license) versions, combining practical aspects for the urban journey (integrated 50 liter/13 gallon internal storage), technological innovations (proprietary wheel-motor1, connected dashboard) and unparalleled driving pleasure thanks to its acceleration and low center of gravity.
- FLUID – a robust and elegant electric bike, with exceptional range (up to 125 miles thanks to its 2 removable batteries with a total of 1,000Wh) and generous torque (100Nm), virtually maintenance-free with its carbon belt and internal hub gears. Fluid is offered as a Pedelec (max 20 mph) or S-Pedelec (max 28 mph, requiring helmet and insurance in most States).
- Every step from design to manufacture had accessibility in mind: competitive prices (starting from $3,295 for Fluid and $10,995 for Flow), financing options that favor usage over ownership (credit, leasing, battery leasing), and a clear emphasis on easy handling and riding.
- These e-vehicles are upgradeable (battery, wheel-motor, charger,…) and are among the best performing on the market. They have a great autonomy (125 city miles for Flow), and recharge easily (at home for Fluid, in less than 30 minutes on a public charger for Flow). They also offer connectivity and security options, and are infinitely customizable.
And thanks to MYEV.com they’ve set us another Question Of The Week. Keep your comments coming in on email and YouTube…
How do you feel about Tesla’s move to online-only sales? Do you want to test drive a car first? What about if you have to arrange finance to buy it, even tho Tesla say you can return it?
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the 197 patrons of this podcast whose generosity means I get to keep making this show, which aims to entertain and inform thousands of listeners every day about a brighter future. By no means do you have to check out Patreon but if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, by all means look at patreon.com/evnewsdaily
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE (PREMIUM PARTNER)
ELECTRICMOTORING.NET (PREMIUM PARTNER)
BRAD CROSBY (PREMIUM PARTNER)
DAVID ALLEN (PARTNER)
OEM AUDIO OF NEW ZEALAND AND EVPOWER.CO.NZ (PARTNER)
SASCHA PALLENBERG (PARTNER)
JON BEARDY MCBEARDFACE / KENT EVs (PARTNER)
PAUL O’CONNER (PARTNER)
ALAN ROBSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ALEX BANAHENE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ALEXANDER FRANK @ https://www.youtube.com/c/alexsuniverse42
ARILD GEIR SKAALSVEEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ASHLEY HILL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BÅRD FJUKSTAD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BARRY PENISTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BOB MUIR / GINGERCOMPUTERS.COM IN DUNDEE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BORISLAV BORISOV (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRENT KINGSFORD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRIAN THOMPSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRIAN WEATHERALL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRYAN YOUNG / CONFT.SHOW PODCAST (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CESAR TRUJILLO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS BENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS HOPKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CRAIG COLES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CRAIG ROGERS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAMIEN DAVIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DARREN BYRD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DARREN SANT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVE DEWSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID BARKMAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID FINCH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PARTINGTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PRESCOTT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DIRK RUTSATZ (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DON MCALLISTER / SCREENCASTSONLINE.COM (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ENRICO STEPHAN-SCHILOW (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
FREDRIK ROVIK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
GEORGE CLARGO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JACK OAKLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JAMES STORR (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JASON FAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JEFF ERBES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JERRY ALLISON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN BAILEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON KNODEL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON TIMMIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JUAN GONZALEZ (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEN MORRIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEVIN MEYERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LARS DAHLAGER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LAURENCE D ALLEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LESZEK GRZYL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LOUIS HOPKIN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LUKE CULLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL LOHMANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL WARD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARTIN CROFT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATT PISCIONE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW ELLIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW GROOBY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MAZ SHAR (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MICHAEL PASTRONE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MIKE ROGERS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MIKE WINTER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL SEAGER-SMITH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL STEPHENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PETE GLASS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHIL MOUCHET (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHILIPPE CALVE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAJ BADWAL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAJEEV NARAYAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENÉ SCHNEIDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROD JAMES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RUPERT MITCHELL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SARAH MCCANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SCOTT CALLAHAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SEIKI PAYNE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
STEVE JOHN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
STUART HANNAH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THE LIMOUSINE LINE SYDNEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
WALTER MACVANE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ZACK HURST (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
You can listen to all 408 previous episodes of this this for free, where you get your podcasts from, plus the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ – remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, I’ll catch you tomorrow and remember…there’s no such thing as a self-charging hybrid.
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYEV.com for more details: