Can you help me fight the fossils? Help spread the word far and wide about EVs? Click 👉 EVne.ws/patreon
Read today’s show notes on https://www.evnewsdaily.com
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily for Monday 24th December 2018 – Christmas Eve! It’s Martyn Lee here and I’ve been through EV story today so you don’t have to.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
And four (!) new Patreon supporters to thank. You’re listening to this because of them. New supporters EVAN SALT and JAN MURAWSKI. VICTOR WOOD is a new Producer and BRENT KINGSFORD one of our hero Executive Producers.
TESLA’S NEW LATHROP SITE NEARS COMPLETION
- “Tesla’s 870,000 sq ft building in the city of Lathrop, CA continues to take shape, with the massive and rather mysterious facility’s roofing now being complete.” reports Simon for Teslarati: “Tesla enthusiast and drone operator Troopr1023 noted in a YouTube upload that the facility is significantly more refined since his last flyover, which was conducted last November 18. During that time, the large building only had around 2/3 of its roofing installed, and there was very little work being done around the facility. Tesla is yet to disclose the purpose of the Lathrop facility, though speculations are abounding that the site might be used as a distribution center. Considering that the structure is built with numerous loading bays on each end, and considering that the size of each bay seems to be designed to fit a semi-trailer, it does seem plausible that the structure would be used in connection with Tesla’s vehicle distribution activities.”
FOX BUSINESS SUDDENLY FANS OF ELON MUSK
- Audio from a video published on the Fox official YouTube channel two days ago. No FUD here, it’s pure praise! Has Fox News changed their tune on Elon?
BENTLEY ADMITS IT’S LOSING CUSTOMERS TO PORSCHE AND TESLA
- “Bentley is in a pickle. The ultra-luxury brand is in a balancing act of trying to appeal to its more traditional customer base without turning-off new buyers.” according to Greg Fink from Motor1.com: “”[T]he two major demographic segments that we don’t currently sell to – the upper liberals and the post-moderns – account for 40 percent of high-net-worth individuals,” Bentley CEO Adrian Hallmark told Automotive News Europe, “and an [electric vehicle] is even more appealing to them.” Rather than scooping up Bentleys, these consumers are instead buying Porsches and Teslas, according to Hallmark. Bentley, though, hopes the eventuality of its own electric-vehicle will eventually allow it to win over the “upper liberal” and “post-modern” crowds from its German and American competitors.”
LEXUS UX 300E TRADEMARK NAME POINTS AT ELECTRIC SUV
- “Lexus has submitted a patent to protect the Lexus UX 300e name with the European Union Intellectual Property Office it has been revealed.” according to a story today on Motoring.com.au: ” the trademark application previews a pure-electric version of the Lexus UX SUV, with a concept for the small zero-emission UX300e tipped to make its debut at either the 2019 Geneva motor show in March, or the Frankfurt motor show later in the year. If true, the Lexus UX300e will be the car-maker’s first ever battery-powered vehicle when the production version is expected to follow in 2020.”
OVER 140,000 PLUG-IN ELECTRIC CARS SOLD IN CHINA IN NOVEMBER
- InsideEV’s is always the place to go for their Plug In Sales Scorecard, and the lowdown on sales number around the world too: “Roughly 141,800 plug-in electric cars were sold in China last month, which is the highest result ever registered – 18% higher than the previous record in October. The latest update shows that more than 920,000 plug-in cars were sold in China so far this year, which with one month to go means no only exceeding 1,000,000 but maybe reaching 1,075,000.”
If you’re celebrating Christmas, and I assume that’s the majority of you whether you’re marking Christmas itself or just using the time for holidays, I hope you have a wonderful break. If you’re working, I’ll be here to keep you company.
Tomorrow is a Christmas Day special with our Premium Partner Phil Roberts from Electric Future – we’ll talk EVs, Solar and Storage. Plus lots more!
Then we’ll take a look back at 2018 and re-live some of the big moment in EVs. If you’re new to the show, or new to electric cars, that’s going to be a great way of catching up.
And thanks to MYEV.com they’ve set us another Question Of The Week. Keep your comments coming in on email and YouTube…
Whether you’re an EV owner or not, what has been your standout EV moment of the last 12 months?
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the 146 patrons of this podcast whose generosity means I get to keep making this show, which aims to entertain and inform thousands of listeners every day about a brighter future. By no means do you have to check out Patreon but if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, by all means look at patreon.com/evnewsdaily
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE (PREMIUM PARTNER)
DAVID ALLEN (PARTNER)
OEM AUDIO OF NEW ZEALAND AND EVPOWER.CO.NZ (PARTNER)
SASCHA PALLENBERG (PARTNER)
ALAN ROBSON @SCOTTISHEVOWNER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ASHLEY HILL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ARILD GEIR SKAALSVEEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BÅRD FJUKSTAD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BOB MUIR / GINGERCOMPUTERS.COM IN DUNDEE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRIAN WEATHERALL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRENT KINGSFORD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CESAR TRUJILLO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS BENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS HOPKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DARREN BYRD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PARTINGTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PRESCOTT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAMIEN DAVIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DON MCALLISTER / SCREENCASTSONLINE.COM (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
FREDRIK ROVIK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
GEORGE CLARGO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JACK OAKLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JERRY ALLISON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEN MORRIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JASON FAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN BAILEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN H MEYER III (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON TIMMIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEVIN MEYERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEN MORRIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LARS DAHLAGER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LOUIS HOPKIN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LUKE CULLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL LOHMANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL WARD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MAZ SHAR (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARTIN CROFT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW ELLIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW GROOBY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL STEPHENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL SEAGER-SMITH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHILIPPE CALVE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAJ BADWAL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENÉ SCHNEIDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROD JAMES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RUPERT MITCHELL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SARAH MCCANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SCOTT CALLAHAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THE LIMOUSINE LINE SYDNEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
You can listen to all 335 previous episodes of this this for free, where you get your podcasts from, plus the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ – remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYEV.com for more details: