Can you help me fight the fossils? Help spread the word far and wide about EVs? Click 👉 EVne.ws/patreon
Read today’s show notes on https://www.evnewsdaily.com
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily for Sunday 9th December 2018. It’s Martyn Lee here and I’ve been through EV story today so you don’t have to.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
New Patreon supporters! And all Executive Producers too! JERRY ALLISON, LARS DAHLAGER and FREDRIK ROVIK
ELECTRIFY AMERICA LAUNCH CALIFORNIA’S FIRST 350 KW EV CHARGING STATIONS
- “Simon, a global leader in premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations, announced that its San Francisco Premium Outlets is California’s first location for electric vehicle (EV) charging systems featuring fast recharging speeds up to 350 kilowatts (kW) from Electrify America.” reports Green Car Congress: “Simon teamed with Electrify America to open 10 DC fast chargers at San Francisco Premium Outlets for public use. The charging site features eight 150 kW chargers and two 350 kW chargers. The 350 kW chargers are capable of recharging an electric vehicle at 20 miles a minute providing 200 miles of vehicle driving range in just 10 minutes.”
POLESTAR 1 DRIVER EXPERIENCE TESTING PROCESS
- A new 60 second video has hit YouTube.
- “Polestar is full-speed ahead with the testing of its first production car. Recently, we’ve seen the company evaluating the hybrid’s structure in crash testing, but now we’re getting a look at research of a more dramatic nature. By dramatic, we mean hitting takeoff velocities for jumbo jets on a wet, banked track.” according to Christopher Smith at Motor1.com: “With 600 horsepower (447 kilowatts) generated by its hybrid powertrain, going fast isn’t a problem. Corralling that power isn’t quite as simple, but that’s why engineers are slinging this validation prototype around wet corners at 140 mph.”
VOLKSWAGEN STARTS COUNTDOWN TO I.D. EV LAUNCH
- “Volkswagen Group CEO Herbert Diess and brand Board members met with more than 30 CEOs from suppliers at the MEB Supplier Event, with whom VW is carefully preparing the launch of the all-electric I.D. family.” says Mark Kane at InsideEVs.com today: “The importance of the first model, Volkswagen I.D. hatchback, is compared to the first Beetle or the first Golf. Production will begin at the end of 2019 at the Zwickau plant in Germany, which means that the original timeline was maintained.”
NEW 2020 VAUXHALL MOKKA X TO GAIN ELECTRIC VERSION
- From the sexy Polestar to something more everyday, in Autocar: “The next-generation Vauxhall Mokka X small SUV, due to go into production in 2020, will offer an electric powertrain. The move is part of the PSA Group’s plans to accelerate the electrification of the Vauxhall and Opel ranges, including a plug-in hybrid or electric version of every model. That includes a battery-electric version of the next Vivaro van, which is also due in 2020.”
PLUG-IN ELECTRIC CAR MARKET SHARE IN NORWAY NEARLY HITS NEW HIGH
- “November brings the 2nd highest market share ever. Despite it being winter, it was another hot month in Norway where all-electric cars sell like hot cakes. The plug-in hybrid, on the other hand, is shrinking pretty badly. In total, some 7,001 new passenger plug-ins were registered last month (up 20.4% year-over-year) at a market share of 56.9% (only 60.1% in September was better).” says InsideEVs.com: “BEVs: 5,087 (up 88.1%, 41.3% market share) + 1,106 ‘used’ + 187 vans (178 new and 9 used) + 3 FCV. PHEVs: 1,914 (down 38.4%, 15.5% market share)”
You answers to Question Of The Week…
And thanks to MYEV.com they’ve set us another Question Of The Week. Keep your comments coming in on email and YouTube…
As we head into 2019, let’s find out what’s on YOUR mind. What would you like us to ask for Question Of The Week?
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the 130 patrons of this podcast whose generosity means I get to keep making this show, which aims to entertain and inform thousands of listeners every day about a brighter future. By no means do you have to check out Patreon but if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, by all means look at patreon.com/evnewsdaily
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE (PREMIUM PARTNER)
DAVID ALLEN (PARTNER)
OEM AUDIO OF NEW ZEALAND AND EVPOWER.CO.NZ (PARTNER)
SASCHA PALLENBERG (PARTNER)
ALAN ROBSON @SCOTTISHEVOWNER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ASHLEY HILL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ARILD GEIR SKAALSVEEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BÅRD FJUKSTAD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BOB MUIR / GINGERCOMPUTERS.COM IN DUNDEE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRIAN WEATHERALL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CESAR TRUJILLO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS BENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS HOPKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DARREN BYRD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PARTINGTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PRESCOTT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAMIEN DAVIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DON MCALLISTER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
FREDRIK ROVIK (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
GEORGE CLARGO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JACK OAKLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JERRY ALLISON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN BAILEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN H MEYER III (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON TIMMIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEVIN MEYERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LARS DAHLAGER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LOUIS HOPKIN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LUKE CULLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL LOHMANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL WARD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MAZ SHAR (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARTIN CROFT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW ELLIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW GROOBY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL STEPHENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL SEAGER-SMITH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHILIPPE CALVE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAJ BADWAL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENÉ SCHNEIDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROD JAMES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RUPERT MITCHELL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SCOTT CALLAHAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THE LIMOUSINE LINE SYDNEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
You can listen to all 320 previous episodes of this this for free, where you get your podcasts from, plus the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ – remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYEV.com for more details: