Can you help me fight the fossils? Help spread the word far and wide about EVs? Click 👉 EVne.ws/patreon
Read today’s show notes on https://www.evnewsdaily.com
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening wherever you are in the world, welcome to EV News Daily for Sunday 11th November 2018. It’s Martyn Lee here and I’ve been through EV story today so you don’t have to.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
Thank you to our newest Executive Producer of the podcast it’s RAJ PADWAL
@EVNewsDaily Hi Martyn 😊 still listening every evening 💕 would you please pop a quick mention on next podcast for our Ozzie mob that the EV EXPO is on this Saturday in Brisbane 😊🌸💕 love your work 💗cheers Lisa. I’m trying to get the word out 👀
If you get Track Mode for your Model 3 I’d love to hear your thoughts, on email or the YouTube comments.
GOVERNMENT-SUBSIDISED PLUG-IN CARS MAY NEVER HAVE BEEN CHARGED
- “Tens of thousands of plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) bought with generous government grants may be burning as much fuel as combustion-engine cars. Data compiled for the BBC suggests that such vehicles in corporate fleets averaged just 40 miles per gallon (mpg), when they could have done 130.” reports BBC today, also reported by the major newspapers here in the UK today: “Many drivers may never have unwrapped their charging cables, The Miles Consultancy said. Subsidies for new PHEVs were recently scrapped, after seven years. The plug-in grant was introduced in 2011, gifting buyers up to £4,500 off new cars. The incentive helped the UK become the biggest market for PHEVs in Europe. The majority of the tens of thousands of eligible vehicles sold were bought by company fleets, including more than 70% of the 37,000 plug-in hybrids sold so far in 2018. But data from The Miles Consultancy, a Cheshire firm which advises 300 blue-chip companies on fuel management, reveals that many businesses simply used the grant to save on buying regular cars.”
MITSUBISHI WON’T DO AN ELECTRIC SUV: COMMITTED TO PHEVS
- “According to Autocar, the company has no plans for an all-electric SUV and in general bespoke BEV models. The path for Mitsubishi is to introduce some models with different powertrain options – hybrid, plug-in hybrid or all-electric” says Mark at InsideEVs.
- “Battery EVs have a limitation in terms of range at the moment, and in some countries, that might not be the answer,” said Mitsubishi’s strategy boss, Vincent Cobee. He added that the firm would add full-electric models to its range, alongside extending its PHEV powertrain to other models. Cobee reiterated that the firm will not develop a bespoke range of EV-specific models in the future, instead offering battery EV, hybrid and PHEV versions of its models.”
TESLA INCREASES BASE PRICE OF MODEL S AND MODEL X
- “Today, Tesla updated its online design studio for Model S and Model X, increasing the base price of both vehicles, and introducing several changes to the options available. Last month, Tesla CEO Elon Musk warned of upcoming changes to the Model S and Model X interiors to simplify the offering, but the changes are actually much more important than simply the interior bundle options.” writes Fred at Electrek: “In internal communications obtained by Electrek, Tesla said that the changes are “to simplify the product offerings and provide the best experience for customers. First of all the base prices of the base versions of Model S and Model X saw an increase while the price of the 100D versions decreased. In Europe, the base prices of Model S and Model X increased by 1,500 euros and the price of the 100D versions stayed the same.”
- Also on the Model S rear-facing Child seats are gone: Tesla will instead recommend buyers with large families to get a Model X.
And thanks to MYEV.com they’ve set us another Question Of The Week. Keep your comments coming in on email and YouTube…
Either present or upcoming, which EV are you most excited about?
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the 115 patrons of this podcast whose generosity means I get to keep making this show, which aims to entertain and inform thousands of listeners every day about a brighter future. By no means do you have to check out Patreon but if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, by all means look at patreon.com/evnewsdaily
PHIL ROBERTS / ELECTRIC FUTURE (PREMIUM PARTNER)
CESAR TRUJILLO (PARTNER)
DAVID ALLEN (PARTNER)
OEM AUDIO OF NEW ZEALAND AND EVPOWER.CO.NZ (PARTNER)
SASCHA PALLENBERG (PARTNER)
ASHLEY HILL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ARILD GEIR SKAALSVEEN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BÅRD FJUKSTAD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
BRIAN WEATHERALL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS BENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
CHRIS HOPKINS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DARREN BYRD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PARTINGTON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAVID PRESCOTT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
DAMIEN DAVIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
GEORGE CLARGO (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JACK OAKLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN BAILEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JOHN H MEYER III (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
JON TIMMIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
KEVIN MEYERSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LOUIS HOPKIN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
LUKE CULLEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL LOHMANN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARCEL WARD (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MARTIN CROFT (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW ELLIS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
MATTHEW GROOBY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
NEIL E ROBERTS FROM SUSSEX EVS (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL STEPHENSON (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PAUL SEAGER-SMITH (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
PHILIPPE CALVE (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RAJ BADWAL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
RENÉ SCHNEIDER (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
ROD JAMES (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
SCOTT CALLAHAN (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
THE LIMOUSINE LINE SYDNEY (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER)
You can listen to all 292 previous episodes of this this for free, where you get your podcasts from, plus the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ – remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYev.com for more details: