Can YOU help me spread the word about how awesome electric cars are? Click 👉 EVne.ws/patreon
Read today’s show notes on https://www.evnewsdaily.com
Well good morning, good afternoon and good evening, wherever you are in the world, hello and welcome to the Monday 24th September edition of EV News Daily. It’s Martyn Lee here with the news you need to know about electric cars and the move towards sustainable transport.
Thank you to MYEV.com for helping make this show, they’ve built the first marketplace specifically for Electric Vehicles. It’s a totally free marketplace that simplifies the buying and selling process, and help you learn about EVs along the way too.
This is show 245 so by the end of the week we’ll be on Show 250. Every 50 shows I’ve changed things up so far, added new features or even the script at the start. If you have any comments, suggestions or feedback please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
TESLA TURNS TO ADVOCATES TO HELP DELIVERIES
- We have to start with the Tesla volunteer weekend. It was a weekend of Model 3 deliveries boosted by brand advocates, or volunteers, to help out with the huge amount cars they had to hand over this weekend.
- Ryan McCaffrey “@elonmusk A lot of Tesla owners, including myself, would be DELIGHTED to volunteer, for free, to help with deliveries in times like this. We can’t do their paperwork but we CAN do orientations. It’s fun to educate new owners & see their joy & enthusiasm! https://insideevs.com/tesla-prepping-7000-model-3-deliveries-week/amp/ …
- @elonmusk “Wow, thanks for offering to help! The coming week is incredibly intense. If any current Tesla owners who’d like to help educate new owners could head to Tesla delivery centers during midday on Sat/Sun & morning/evening on weekdays, that would be super appreciated!”
- @DMC_Ryan “I’ll head to the Fremont Delivery Center one day either this weekend or next. I’ll make sure to be respectful to the paid Tesla staff and try to complement their efforts without disrupting them. Others should please also bear this in mind. Cheers Elon”
- Some first-hand experiences I think are more useful than giving my opinion, let’s hear from those who were there.
- @GuyTesla: ” They were super appreciative that I could spend almost 45 minutes with them going through the different screens explaining settings, and getting their phone keys connected. They asked, “How long did it take you to figure all this out?”. I said, “A little while. Hilarious highlight of the day: The Jaguar dealers that had just moved in next-door to Tesla Littleton commented on all of the truck carriers of cars showing up, and asked, “where are you going to put all of these?” And the answer was “They aren’t staying. Sad faces. Littleton is going to deliver more cars this weekend than Jaguar is going to deliver all month. They were arranging all their cars so they could sit there. Fun watching that realization sink in for those guys. I think their stomach dropped into their shoes. One word: shock.”
- Bradley Wong tweeted a picture of himself with Elon Musk at Fremont and followed up: “Yeah – it was a pretty amazing experience! 300+ customers picked up their teslas just at Fremont today!!! He looked tired, but still out to meet customers taking their deliveries. Yeah he was super nice spending time with customers answering questions and of course taking a few happy snaps!”
- Someone replied: “Do the CEO’s of Daimler , Audi, Jaguar, General Motors, BMW hang out with customers and personally help with deliveries to satisfy customers ? Nope , they don’t care nearly as much about their customers as $TSLA 😀”
- Tesla is on target to build 50,000-55,000 Model 3’s in this current quarter amidst a push for profitability, which Elon has said before is his priority to make Tesla a proper company.
- Phil Roberts, MD from Future Electric who do Solar PV, Energy storage and EV charging: “How many companies can claim the sort of support that @Tesla is garnering at the moment. What manufacturers would get hundreds of people turning up in their own time to help deliver vehicles, panicked meetings Mon morning at ICE manufacturers I think!”
INCREASED INVESTMENT IN RENAULT ZOES
- On June 14, Renault announced that it was investing more than a billion euros in the development and strengthening of its electric vehicle production capacity in France.
- Launched in 2012, the Renault ZOE is one of the best-selling electric cars in Europe. Its manufacture, a process carried out by Renault entirely in France, has for more than six years mobilised specialised teams that are constantly improving their skills. Several of the Group’s industrial sites are concerned. The Cléon factory in Normandy, for example, produces the ZOE’s powertrain. The Le Mans site in the Sarthe region makes the running gear and casing dedicated to incorporating its battery. And last but not least: the whole vehicle ZOE is assembled in Flins, near Paris.
- “More than one billion euros between now and 2022 will be used to develop production capacities, as to meet the growing demand for electric vehicles. In Flins, production capacity will double from 60,000 to 120,000 ZOEs manufactured and assembled each year.”
TESLA’S NEW TILBURG SITE
- Simon Alvarez at Teslaraity: “Tesla appears to be expanding its activities in Tilburg, Netherlands, as the company has acquired a third major facility in the region. The yet-to-be announced complex spans 387,500 square feet (36,000 square meters) and is located at Vossenbergseweg, close to Tesla’s assembly plant and delivery centre. Considering that Tesla has an assembly and delivery plant, as well as a sales and service centre, in Tilburg, the new facility could serve as a location where parts for vehicles would be stored and distributed.”
OWNER OF COSTA MESA CONDO PRICED AT $1.39 MILLION TOSSES IN A ‘DEAL SWEETENER’ – A TESLA MODEL 3
- “A Costa Mesa condo built in 2016 has landed on the market at $1.39 million, and it comes with a lure – a white Tesla Model 3. Homeowner Jack Siart said he bought the car in May for $51,000, and that it’s burned less than 5,000 miles.” reporst OCRegister.com: “The car is a deal sweetener for the “top dollar” condo, said David MacLeod of Coldwell Banker Beachside Realtors, representing the property with Siart, who’s also a broker at Strictly New Homes. The home is located in a community between Fairview Park and Talbert Regional Park on the city’s southwest side. As for the car, it has a premium, black interior, rear-wheel drive and a 310-mile range, says Siart, who’s already eyeing another Tesla, “the new, all-wheel drive, performance model.”
VOLKSWAGEN’S PORSCHE DROPS DIESEL IN ELECTRIC CAR PUSH
- “Volkswagen’s Porsche will stop offering diesel versions of its cars, the unit said on Sunday, sharpening its focus on hybrid and battery-powered vehicles instead.” reports Reuters.
- Porsche Chief Executive Oliver Blume: “Porsche is not demonizing diesel. It is, and will remain, an important propulsion technology. We as a sports car manufacturer, however, for whom diesel has always played a secondary role, have come to the conclusion that we would like our future to be diesel-free”.
- “We have never developed and produced diesel engines ourselves. Still, Porsche’s image has suffered. The diesel crisis has caused us a lot of trouble,” Blume said in a separate interview with weekly Bild am Sonntag.
And thanks to MYEV.com they’ve set us another Question Of The Week. Keep your comments coming in on email and YouTube…
How do you charge at home? What charger have you got? Who installed it? Was it something which came with a new car or did you arrange yourself? And if you want to share, how much did it cost and did you get any incentives?
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to the 84 patrons of this podcast whose generosity means I get to keep making this show, which aims to entertain and inform thousands of listeners every day about a brighter future. By no means do you have to check out Patreon but if it’s something you’ve been thinking about, by all means look at patreon.com/evnewsdaily
PHIL ROBERTS / FUTURE ELECTRIC
JOHN H MEYER III
NEIL E ROBERTS
THE LIMOUSINE LINE SYDNEY
You can listen to all 243 previous episodes of this this for free, where you get your podcasts from, plus the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ – remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
CONNECT WITH ME!
Check out MYev.com for more details: