Well good morning, good afternoon and good evening, wherever you are in the world, hello and welcome to the Monday 9th July edition of EV News Daily. It’s Martyn Lee here with the news you need to know about electric cars and the move towards sustainable transport.
MERCEDES EQC SPIED TESTING AT THE NURBURGRING
- Someone ring the ‘tesla killer’ bell, we’ve got another another one. Mihnea Radu for autoevolution.com says: “Track testing at the Nurburgring is something most European companies do for the sake of both handling and reliability. It could be the edge Mercedes is looking for.” and that’s where the Mercedes EQC has been spotted again. “The EQC was previewed by the EQ concept about two years ago, and it’s going to be launching in 2019 but presented this fall. By 2022, Daimler says it’s going to have ten fully electric models (3 from smart), so if you’re looking for something bigger, you won’t have to wait much longer. The video was posted by Auto Motive Mike, it’s 1min 27secs long and the EQC looks face, it’s being driven really hard.
ELON MUSK: “NORWEGIANS ARE RIGHT TO BE UPSET WITH TESLA.”
- Nora at electrive: “In Norway, where once Tesla was first to satisfy a stirring hunger for electric cars, Norwegians now complain about delays and slow service. Elon Musk has admitted problems but points to Norway’s regulation as being responsible. The issue may run deeper though. A report that ranked the electric carmaker fourth on Norway’s national list of company complaints. The Norwegian Consumer Council, a government-funded agency said it was contacted 118 times regarding Tesla this year, moving the company up from 24th place last year. Clients said they struggled to reach customer service and also complaint about late deliveries.”
- Elon Musk in Twitter: “Norwegians are right to be upset with Tesla. We are having trouble expanding our service facilities in Oslo especially. Can solve quickly with Tesla mobile service vans, but awaiting govt permission to do so.”
REPORT SAYS ELECTRIC CARS WILL MATCH ICE RANGE, REFILLING TIMES BY 2024
- According to a new report in Australia EVs are on track to match the price and range of ICE sometime in 2024. “The forecast says that sales will grow slow for the next 10 years or so, before starting to take off in 2027. That’s the base scenario, without additional support” says Mark Kane for InsideEVs: “If the government introduces subsidies (manufacturers would be happy), sales will take off as early as 2021. Plug-in cars would take 50% market share by 2030 and 90% of entire fleet would be switched over to electric by 2050.”
NISSAN LEAF: ‘MUCH MORE THAN SIMPLY A CAR WITH AN ELECTRIC MOTOR’
- “One thing which will throw you is its e-Pedal. Flick this button and you can drive the car with one pedal. You press the throttle as usual but remove your foot and the car applies automatic regenerative braking. The quicker you lift your foot the heavier the braking” says Martin Love for a big a newspaper called the Guardian. It’s interesting what the mainstream media says about EV’. He continues; “The Leaf swept up dozens of awards the moment it was launched ? all well deserved. But the true measure of its standing in the automotive world is that it in no way feels like a gimmicky electric car. It feels like a real car for the real world. “
WHY TECH FOUNDERS GET HOT
- Finally an article to make you smile: “As founders become more successful, raking in billions, they can easily afford fashions, treatments, trainers and regimens that might make them hotter. Jack Dorsey clearly spends his hard-earned billions on grooming and fashion. Bezos may or may not have gotten a trainer and some high-quality human growth hormone. And Elon Musk probably shelled out for some really great hair plugs.” The article not only mentions Elon but tracks Jeff Bezos & Jack Dorsey from geeks to pinups.
You can listen to all previous 174 episodes of this podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube, TuneIn, Stitcher, and the blog https://www.evnewsdaily.com/ ? remember to subscribe, which means you don’t have to think about downloading the show each day, plus you get it first and free and automatically.
It would mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on whichever platform you download the podcast.
And if you have an Amazon Echo, download our Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter just search EV News Daily, have a wonderful day, and I’ll catch you tomorrow.
CONNECT WITH ME!